"Our biggest planning challenge for 2013 continues to be convincing clients of the importance of a cross-platform strategy across all levels of their marketing messages. We still find many marketers who feel a terrific website is all they need, or just some hot new app, when in reality attention spans are shrinking and cross so many different platforms and devices, you need to be everywhere. The biggest challenge for all of us, I think, is that you have to be able to effectively communicate in a short period of time and potentially very small visual area."
"Digital planning in 2013 is going to focus around taking campaigns beyond the banner and focus on the integration of advertising across all digital devices. There is no need for statistics when it comes to the question of how the use of smartphones has increased over the past few years.
It is going to be essential for planners to be able to run campaigns across all platforms and, more importantly, to be able to run a cohesive campaign that is easily recognizable to the end user regardless of the device they are using. One of biggest obstacles right now is the varying creative requirements when it comes to tablets. While there has been a move in the industry to standardize the inventory for smartphone devices, this is still not the case when it comes to tablets, making it more costly for advertisers. Publishers need to move toward making the process more streamlined for planners and this includes not only standardization, but offering 'bundles' or 'packages' that include inventory across mobile devices as well as traditional inventory."
JiYoung Kim, SVP, Ansible
"As an industry, we’ve done a good job advocating the importance of mobile, but we’ve got a ways to go to unveil the totality of experiences new technologies make possible in the future. Mobile, like many of its emerging media brethren, is heading into a phase where we are pushing both its increased integration into overall marketing campaigns, as well as for new, specialized opportunities only possible with mobile. In 2013, we mobile leaders will be tasked with further harnessing the connections that are made possible with mobile devices, while improving on the infrastructure that marketers need to make new insights actionable – particularly, measurement."
More AdExchanger "Industry Reactions"...
- Can It Be Done? Local, Direct, Automated Ads
- The Impact Of No More Third-Party Cookie Targeting In Firefox
- House Ads - What Are They Good For?
- What is "Premium"?
- When Is A Startup No Longer A Startup?
- Why Is Procurement Necessary?
- Agency CEOs: 2013 Planning Is About Mobile Integration
- Can You Build a Brand in Programmatic Media?
- How Do Native Advertising and Real-Time Bidding Meet?
- Why Target The Tablet?
- The Publisher Impact Of Facebook Exchange And Ad Network
- Agencies Upbeat on Tying Facebook to Cross-Channel Ads
- Are Advertisers Living the Dream of Unified Marketing and IT?
- What Next For Yahoo?
- What Counts as 'Scale' in Hyperlocal? Mobile Ad Players Weigh In
- Facebook Buys Instagram – What’s In It For Ads?
- Are Ad Servers Specifically For Publishers Or Advertisers Still Necessary?
- How Will The iPad 3 Impact Audience Buying Available Through The iPad?
- Will The Merger Of DDS And MediaBank Into Mediaocean Benefit Media Buying?
- Will SSPs and Ad Networks Sell Publisher Inventory Through DoubleClick Ad Exchange?
- The Industry 'Take' On SAS Acquiring aiMatch
- Industry Impressions Of Facebook Display Advertising
- What Are The Hurdles In Cross-Digital, Audience Buying?
- When Is A Mobile, Private Exchange Relevant To A Marketer's Needs?
- Your Ad Server, My Ad Server: Trends With Discrepancies Today
- The Opportunities Ahead For New Yahoo! CEO Scott Thompson – Industry Reaction
- Predictions 2012
- Industry Reaction: Adobe Acquires Efficient Frontier
- Yahoo! Requiring RMX Seats For DSP Advertisers
- Yahoo!, Aol And Microsoft Pool Their Premium, Non-Guaranteed Display Inventory
- Whats The Biggest Challenge With Platform Buying In Digital Today?
- Industry Reaction: Yahoo! Acquires interclick For $270 Million
- How Important Is -First Look- At Inventory?
- Where Does The Tablet Fit In The Marketer Media Plan?
- MediaBank-DDS Merger Industry Reaction: Questions Remain About MediaOcean
- Is An Online GRP Needed For Online Video Advertising?
- What Should Yahoo Do Next?
- What Solutions Are Still Needed For The Premium, Digital Publisher of Today?
- How Do Search Marketers Overcome The Creative Challenge In Graphical, Display Advertising?
- What Is The Difference Between A Social Display Impression And A Regular Display Impression?
- Is Audience Buying Possible In Mobile Advertising?
- What Are The Key Metrics For Brand Awareness Campaigns In An Automated Buying Environment?
- What Is The Biggest Challenge With The Demand-Side Platform Model?