Voice From The Cloud
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison speaks publicly about the marketing tech opportunity his company is chasing with the rat-a-tat acquisitions of Eloqua, Vitrue, Responsys and BlueKai. Speaking to Ad Age, Ellison says, “The CMO's role is going to be more important next year than it is this year, and more important the year after that." Read it.
The buyout firms that own The Weather Channel have yet to formally hire a bank, but Bloomberg reports that they're eyeing JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs to evaluate strategic options. “The private-equity firms are interested in exploring the idea of selling all or part of the company, according to two people familiar with the matter. They also may decide to hold their ownership stakes rather than sell, the people said." The Weather Company holds the keys to troves of location and, naturally, weather data. Read on.
On Monday, Bitly struck a partnership with Adobe to better track site-site conversions that originate from social interactions. "As a Bitly Certified Partner, we can provide Adobe Social customers with a deeper understanding of how their Bitly links are contributing to impressions, traffic, and conversion on digital properties so they can optimize their social content campaigns," said Adobe’s Craig Stoe. Press release.
Flipboard’s Ad Plan
Video ads are coming to Flipboard. CEO Mike McCue first revealed the digital publication’s decision to incorporate video last month at a tech event hosted by ReadWrite in San Francisco. Unlike Facebook's video ads, users have to engage with spots for the ads to play. Also noteworthily, Flipboard will not charge a premium. "Clever," writes Re/code senior editor Peter Kafka, "since one of the main reason digital publishers are gaga about video ads is that they can charge higher prices for them." More.
- Accelerize Appoints Dave Stewart Chief Technology Officer - press release
But Wait. There’s More!
- Ebay Builds Commerce Marketing Platform - press release
- Online Quizzes Are Data Goldmines For Marketers - WSJ
- BuzzFeed’s Jonah Peretti: Native Advertising Is Not Easy - Beet.TV (Video)
- Adhesive.co Changes Name To Hivewyre.com - Hivewyre
- Tumblr's Top Draw As A Marketing Platform Is Its Wealthier User Base - Adweek
- Integral Ad Science And Collective Partner To Ensure Media Quality - press release
- Researchers Tackle Cross-Platform Measurement - Broadcasting & Cable