Here's today's AdExchanger.com news round-up... Want it by email? Sign-up here.
AppNexus continues to share results of its recent fraud cleanse, claiming that the huge drop off impressions led to parallel spikes in CTR, visibility and price. Catherine Williams, AppNexus’ chief data scientist and the leader of its internal inventory quality efforts, previously told AdExchanger that rising prices almost made up for the lost revenue – though it did see a moderate slowdown. Is there a huge pool of big-dollar spenders just waiting for the young digital ecosystem to emerge from its cocoon? Let’s find out. More at The Drum. And read the AppNexus report.
Learn From Your Elders
If today’s digital publishers could travel back in time to learn from an earlier market disruption, they might consider chatting with telcos in the 1990s, Phil Kyle writes for Ad Age. “Telcos used bundling to make it easier for consumers to buy more products simultaneously – and publishers should do the same today,” Kyle writes. There are huge ad budgets waiting on cohesive cross-channel campaigns (planning and execution across TV, digital, streaming and mobile) … so why not provide it via collaboration, bundled subscriptions and audience packaging? More.
Take Your Medicine
The merger of Pfizer with Allergan, an Irish pharmaceutical leader, creates a $155 billion behemoth and a very consequential advertiser. Even before the acquisition, Pfizer was a top-10 global spender per Kantar. But! Steven Perlberg of The Wall Street Journal points out the American Medical Association recently called for an end to direct-to-consumer pharma ads. The issue revolves around the hospital impact of consumers requesting more expensive treatments. A real nail-biter for publishers. Read on.
Data, On Hand
Mobile isn’t its own channel so much as the connective tissue for all marketing outreach. At least that’s the argument made by Ben Phillips, Mediacom’s head of mobile, writing for M&M Global. No matter where your audience finds your content – from a TV commercial to a radio ad to a coupon sent via beacon geolocation – mobile is the feedback, optimization and data tool. “The bottom line is that mobile data now drives most planning. … Mobile has moved beyond the channel silo and become the glue that links everything we do.” More.
But Wait, There’s More!
- The Rise Of Audience-Powered DSPs - MediaPost
- Food Videos Rule On Facebook - WSJ
- Ooyala Launches Standalone Video Analytics - release
- The “N” In The Alphabet - Re/code
- OpenX First On PubNation’s Ad Quality Program - release
- Snapchat Is A Measurement Challenge - Warc
- Automattic Revamps, Open Sources WordPress - VentureBeat
- Tapstream Debuts App Install Campaign Landers - release
- Will AI Bring Us Utopia Or Destruction? - NY Mag
- Omnicom Buys Brazilian Agency Stable, Grupo ABC - Adweek
- Sizmek And Tapad Form Strategic Partnership - release
- Google Launches Android Studio 2.0 - TechCrunch