CPGs And Retailers FTW
Retailers are slated to spend more than other sectors on digital advertising this year, shelling out $12.9 billion, or 20% of a $58.6 billion pie, according to eMarketer. Financial, telecom and CPG will take third, fourth and fifth place, respectively. Read more. CPGs are big adopters of programmatic, with 63% of display ads forecast to be purchased programmatically this year.
No Cookie, No Cry
The Network Advertising Initiative, the trade org for ad networks, has issued some guidelines for non-cookie tracking technologies – such as probabilistic device IDs from companies like Drawbridge and Tapad. “Members must tell their publishing partners – that is, the operators of Web sites where data is collected – to notify consumers about non-cookie tracking technology,” Mediapost reports. Read it.
Pandora is acquiring Next Big Sound, a firm that offers online music analytics, for an undisclosed sum. Next Big Sound’s tech will benefit brands advertising on Pandora by identifying artists to partner with, and measuring the impact of those partnerships. The buy will build on Pandora’s current data efforts, like its Artist Marketing Platform and Artist Audio Messaging. The data it brings will also be rolled into Pandora’s insights on music preferences, patterns and trends generated by its 80 million monthly active users. Read the release.
Apple, With A Grain Of Salt
It seems the well-hashed rumors of Apple’s potential – some even thought inevitable – entrance into the home TV market can be put to rest (even as its TV service plans remain on track). Quartz rounded up some reports and predictions, including one Piper Jaffray analyst who says “we no longer expect a television to launch indefinitely.” Carl Icahn, a vocal Apple shareholder, evidently was expecting an expansion into TV devices. Related: Gene Munster, another analyst who’s been forecasting an eventual an Apple TV set, now sees Apple as being five years off from a virtual reality breakthrough.
- Kik Taps Former Accuen CEO Josh Jacobs As President Of Services - press release
- VideoAmp Hires TubeMogul’s Jay Prasad As Chief Business Officer - press release
- Yahoo CIO Mike Kail No Longer With Company - WSJ
But Wait, There’s More!
- AOL Expands Programmatic Targeting And Attribution For Mobile Apps - press release
- DoubleVerify Integrates Its Programmatic Targeting Suite With Turn - press release
- US TV Broadcasters Raise Their Game In Ad Wars - Gulf News Media
- Will The FTC Issue Native Advertising Guidelines In 2015? - The National Law Review
- Triton To Represent XAPP Ad Inventory For Jācapps Broadcasters - press release
- New Manage SDK Helps App Publishers Grow Global Revenue - press release
- Rocket Fuel Announces Guide To Programmatic Video Series - press release