Here's today's AdExchanger.com news round-up... Want it by email? Sign-up here.
It shouldn’t be programmatic versus premium, David Jacobs, SVP publisher sales at AOL Networks, attempts to explain in a column for Ad Age. It’s all about knowing which to use and when. He writes, “For advertisers and publishers alike, a fully integrated strategy combines both programmatic and premium approaches. Programmatic tools, engaged intelligently, simply take the busy work out of routine buying.” Read more.
Hotel To Go
Consumers are more frequently delaying hotel bookings until they’re in transit, and Best Western hopes to capture some of that market with mobile advertising. According to Mobile Commerce Daily, the company uses geo-fencing and location data to serve ads to people, which allow them to book hotels from their phones. So far Best Western is seeing success, with the highest CTR being 2.3%. Read more.
RTB For All
SiteScout announced the launch of an RTB API via press release, which will be open to developers and businesses immediately. "SiteScout has always been about empowering marketers, agencies and advertisers, with an accessible programmatic ad buying platform," said Paul Mokbel, CEO of SiteScout. "This is why we launched this API: to give them the right tools to create their own RTB-powered ad products." Read the release.
Omnicom Part 3
Omnicom Group is creating a third media agency, according to Ad Age, but there is no official word from the company yet. It wouldn’t be the first time a holding company created additional agencies, in fact Omnicom is the last holding company with fewer than three agencies. According to the article the company has been reaching out to executives to try and poach a CEO for a third agency. Read more.
- Apple Reports Third Quarter Results - press release
But Wait, There’s More!
- Predictive AI Startup Expect Labs Adds Liberty Global And IDG As Strategic Investors - The Next Web
- Adobe Marketing Cloud Extends Lead with Addition of Cross-Channel Campaign Management - press release
- Tealium Integrates with Splunk Enterprise to Extend Digital Intelligence Capabilities - press release
- Expanding Foursquare Ads To More Small Businesses Around The World - Foursquare
- What Inspires Me: Stanford and Silicon Valley's State of Mind - Tom Bedecarre on LinkedIn
- Innovid Benchmarks - Innovid