Here's today's AdExchanger.com news round-up... Want it by email? Sign-up here.
Holster Your Weapons
In a very co-operative-sounding press release, measurement and research rivals Nielsen and comScore made nice over a patent dispute which awards comScore four patents owned by Nielsen in exchange for a worldwide license to said patents and $19 million in comScore stock. Nielsen owns comScore! - at least a little bit. Amazingly, the release doesn't say what the patent are about. Read it. But, it likely has to do with patents for "measuring and displaying online content" outlined by paidContent's Joe Mullin in regards to a filed lawsuit in March. Read about it.
'Tis The Season For Acquisition
Search marketing platform Acquisio has taken SEM tools maker Click Equations off of Channel Intelligence's hands according to Laurie Sullivan of MediaPost. Sullivan writes that beyond the goal of acquiring talent, Acquisio CEO Marc "Poirier said his team approached Channel Intelligence, rivals to Kenshoo and Marin Software, to acquire ClickEquations' technology with the intent of creating an ecommerce platform for agencies." Read more.
Shhh! A Publisher IPO
Did you know vacation travel site TripAdvisor is going public? Actually, they did yesterday and are now worth a cool $4 billion. Chuh-ching! On All Things D, Tricia Duryee notes, "TripAdvisor (...) will now serve as a travel-reviews site, operating in 27 countries and 19 languages. Without ties to Expedia, it can now solicit the highest referral fees from a number of travel agencies." Meanwhile, Expedia handles ticketing. Read more. The stock price slumped on Day 1 for Trip Advisor similar to Zynga's recent IPO.
Mobile Marketer's Rimma Katts takes a look at a mobile ad campaign that saw "39K interactions" with Jet Blue's mobile ad units. Millennial Media sales maven Marcus Startzel tells Katts, "The campaign used our 'Mobile Circular' ad unit, which allows advertisers to display multiple items inside a single creative." Read more.
Reviewing The Video Ad Click
Video demand-side platform and analytics company TubeMogul takes a look at its own data to help marketers understand when its the best time to reach a video ad viewer and drive clicks - a key metric for video ads according to the company. A company blog post says, "The ideal time for driving clicks is towards the end of the work day and into early TV primetime. Click-through-rates are slightly higher for 0:30 second ads during working hours, but fall off during the evening hours." Click to view more stats.
EOY Fact Sheet
On the Right Media Exchange blog, "the Right Media team" trumpets a few, end-of-year, facts and figures in an attempt to signal that the Exchange is not only alive but thriving. Among the facts: "10 billion impressions hosted on RMX every day—up 20% year over year; 14 billion transactions on RMX every day—up 35% year over year." And, there are many more.
You're Hired, Promoted!
- IAB Promotes David Doty to Executive Vice President - IAB
- Welcome Aboard Matt McLaughlin, DoubleVerify's New COO - DoubleVerify
- The Future Of Display: What's Ahead For 2012 - Search Engine Land
- The Next 5 in 5 - IBM
- 2012 Industry Predictions: The Death of Audience Buying? - Digiday
- Triggit 2012 Predictions - Triggit
But Wait. There's More!
- Holiday Season LUMAscape - LUMA Partners
- Activist Fund Slams AOL's Strategy (subscription) - The Wall Street Journal
- RTB Should Be Known For Quality, Not Just Quantity - MediaPost
- This Is How Ad Technology Needs To Tackle The Industry's Data Explosion The Business Insider
- The Case For First-Party Data Control - BrightTag blog
- Saab Shoppers Purchase Volvo, Volkswagen & Mitsubishi - Korrelate
- ADmantX Partners With adBrite Ad Exchanges - press release